- Used heavy duty down stroke baler - 72" x 30" x 40" bale, 7" cylinder, 20 hp motor, 460 tri volt , 3 phase. Used - very good shape - 30 day warranty. $9,000.00 FOB Lethbridge, AB. Contact Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.329.1713.
- A professor of sculpture at the University of Lethbridge is looking for donations of old CDs that he'd like to use in his art project. To arrange donations, please contact him at email@example.com.
- The Electronic Recycling Association Calgary & Edmonton accepts donations of computers, laptops & electronics (old, used, broken, parts-only - all are welcome) for refurbishment and recycling. ERA donates computers and laptops to charities and low income families. Old electronics are handled for recycling locally. Pick Up services for businesses, schools and residential. 403.262.4488 – www.era.ca – 780.455.2088 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Good Life Community Bike Shop in Eau Clair Market (#202, 200 Barclay Parade), Calgary, accepts donations of bicycles (old, used, broken, parts-only - all are welcome) for refurbishment and recycling. This non-profit offers their members FREE repair space, tools and instruction and free workshops in the evenings. They also offer affordable, reconditioned/recycled bikes and parts for sale. Contact 403.984.4727 or visit www.goodlifebikes.ca to give your old bike new life today!
- Cleanit Greenit Composting System in West Edmonton accepts drywall and wood waste (cannot contain metal, rocks or plastic) at their composting site. Contact 780.488.7926 or 780.451.0921.
- Showcase your innovative environmental products and services in the Recycling Council of Alberta Connector newsletter. Contact the RCA office at 403.843.6563 or email us.
- The David Suzuki Foundation and Pembina Institute announced the release of a new joint publication for Canadians who are interested in using carbon offsets to reduce their climate impact. "Purchasing Carbon Offsets: A Guide for Canadian Consumers, Businesses and Organizations" aims to help Canadians choose carbon offsets that will most benefit the climate. The user-friendly guide ranks 20 carbon offset vendors on the quality of the offsets they sell, as well as on some of their business practices. Purchasing Carbon Offsets is available as a free download at www.davidsuzuki.org/Publications/offset_vendors.asp
- The Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention has published a guide for youth, empowering them to make simple everyday choices to protect the environment. "Consume This – Buying That Matters" is available in full colour EcoLogo certified print copy ($6 + tax and postage) by calling 1.800.667.9790 or for free online at www.c2p2online.com/youth.
- Composting: How and Why explains how home composting can help Alberta reduce the amount of waste going to landfill. This site offers a series of photos and descriptions leading you through the steps needed to build your own compost pile.
To place a free listing in the classifieds section, RCA members can contact 403.843.6563 or email email@example.com.